Easy Grade Pro - Locate?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by imnotatfault, Aug 19, 2006.

1. imnotatfault macrumors regular

Right now my school is forcing me to run EGP for Windows in VPC.

Apparently they don't have a full version of the Mac software, even though they have a district-wide license for both.

The site only allows the demo to be downloaded.

Anyone have any experience with anything like this? Where I might possibly obtain a copy (since I am legally entitled to one)?

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

EGP 3.6.1 ships on a $74 CD which holds versions for MacOS 9, MacOS X, and Windows. The Windows-only CD is $49. However, the site-license CD is $374 and contains all three versions. There is no Windows-only site license for Easy Grade Pro 3.6. If your school system's IT staff claims otherwise, they are lying. Ask them for the CD. Insist. If they refuse, Call Orbis Software. Give them the name of your school system. Explain your situation. Ask for a CD or a link to download the MacOS X version of EGP.

3. imnotatfault thread starter macrumors regular

For whatever reason, Orbis was very short with me when I emailed. They brushed me off, said there was no download they would give me, and to talk to my IT guy.

and my IT guy simply said the disk he has is Windows only (and burned, at that) and that that's all he will have.

Ugh.

4. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

I arranged for the Easy Grade Pro site-license purchase by our school, and it was one of the smartest moves we ever made. Almost all teachers, Windows and Mac, ended up using it.

I think you should confirm with the district what license you have, and ask them how to get the software that goes with it. Then them exactly what your I.T. people said.

Perhaps Orbis didn't help because you aren't the customer; your district is. I don't know why they weren't friendlier about it, but I can understand why they wouldn't want to give direct customer service to every employee in the district.