Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Did you do this?

• Yes, it worked.

Votes: 103 16.6%
  • Yes, it didn't work.

Votes: 42 6.8%
  • No, I'm sticking with 2gb/200mb

Votes: 107 17.3%
  • No, I already have unlimited.

Votes: 367 59.3%

• Total voters

ThomasJ20

macrumors member
Jul 19, 2010
Hey det tigers, rouser, nrwrit3r, or someone whos a expert at this, could you help me out? Since I'm new, I cant pm yet, and want to ask a couple questions. If you have aim/yahoo/skype, etc, I really need your help. Thanks.

Nrwrit3r

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 25, 2010
If you put the 2g data/email/text on a nonsmart phone then you have to put a 2g or 200mb plan on iphone, if you had the unlimited plan before they can look through records and adjust at a later date, but the stipulation is that you must have had the smartphone unlimited plan on June 7, 2010. info up to date as of 1400 eastern time.

Dang it.

Not for me :) Call back and get a different rep

L.C.W.

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2010
MN
Just got the unlimited txt/data added to my V3XX (had to call in, but was no problem)... now to switch sims and hope i get unlimited on my iP4... :)

after switching to my V3xx with unlmtd txt/data:
4811638185_67b9a69e16.jpg

now the 2hr wait (I hope)...

TheAppleGeek

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2010
St. Louis
About to give this a try. Hope it works out!

Well, it didn't work. It was going great until I asked for the $30 Unlimited Package. She said it could be added to my Nokia GoPhone, and then she asked to take my SIM card out (from my iPhone) to and put it in my Nokia phone. This was a test to make sure the service worked. After that, she asked if I was using a new SIM card. Later, she added back features that were taken off of the iPhone.

Did I do anything wrong?

L.C.W.

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2010
MN
just got 2 txts and 1 email... *30 min* after calling in!! :D

yes!! thnx to gadget88!!!

4811705597_d3600e7613.jpg

gadget88

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2010
Sorry, I have been away for last 4 days. I was busy with my exams. Thanks Nrwrit3r for answering all the questions. Congrates to all who got this added. If you are still having issues, PM me or write in this thread and we will help you.

ThomasJ20

macrumors member
Jul 19, 2010
hi gadget88, ii would love to pm, you, but i cant since im new. do you have a yahoo, aim, skype, etc to contact you?

L.C.W.

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2010
MN
Sorry, I have been away for last 4 days. I was busy with my exams. Thanks Nrwrit3r for answering all the questions. Congrates to all who got this added. If you are still having issues, PM me or write in this thread and we will help you.

thnx again! :D

w3iiipu

macrumors member
Jun 30, 2010
About to give this a try. Hope it works out!

Well, it didn't work. It was going great until I asked for the $30 Unlimited Package. She said it could be added to my Nokia GoPhone, and then she asked to take my SIM card out (from my iPhone) to and put it in my Nokia phone. This was a test to make sure the service worked. After that, she asked if I was using a new SIM card. Later, she added back features that were taken off of the iPhone.

Did I do anything wrong?

My CS rep did the same thing. I just told her i do not want her to call and i will call back if the switch didnt work. She said she gonna try call anyways. SO after i hung up i switch my iph4 to airplane mode so i dont get any calls at all for about 10 mins.
Then i made a call to my buddy and i got the texts/emails in 1hr50mins after.

Remember to mention u have a sim card adapter to make it work.

ThomasJ20

macrumors member
Jul 19, 2010
Still not workin for ya? :(

Nope. Logged into my account, and it shows the nonsmart phone plan, but i haven't received a text or anything on my iphone. Its saying my data and messaging are "prorated" whatever that means lol. But I did the exact steps, its still showing I use a iphone 4 on att account page.

ThomasJ20

macrumors member
Jul 19, 2010
UPDATE:

Still no luck with anything. My cellular data is not working on the iphone, I've been literally sitting on the computer for hours on here looking for any kind of new response lol. :(

brdwygurl

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2010
Worked perfectly for me. Thanks for posting this! :D

Wanted unlimited but didn't want the hassle/expense of getting an old iphone and extra sims. I had an old dumbphone lying around (motorola) and followed the steps exactly.

The first person I talked to was confused, and said there was no 30.00 plan. So I hung up and called back. No problems with the second rep. He read some disclaimer about the sim not working with the adapter and told me that if I tried to use the sim with the Iphone again an appropriate data plan would be automatically added (that's what I am counting on!).

It took about 2 hours to get the messages but got them both. I also got the email below. In addition to the unlimited data they added the 20.00 unlimited text messaging to my plan. I went into my account online and deleted that. So if you don't want to pay 20.00 for unlimited texting...make sure to cancel that service.

We hope you are enjoying your iPhone! We appreciate and value your business and want to be sure you are aware of a change we've made to your service to ensure you have the best possible experience with data on your iPhone.

iPhone allows you to easily surf the web, access social networking, email and more. That's why we require an eligible Data Plan for iPhone when using iPhone. This ensures that customers with iPhones are not unpleasantly surprised with high data pay-per-use charges-just one low, predictable, flat rate for unlimited use each month.

Our records indicate your iPhone does not have the correct data plan. We have added the appropriate Data Plan for iPhone. We've also added a messaging package to match the messaging plan included in your previous data and messaging bundle.

If you would like to select another data or messaging plan or have questions, please call 1-800-331-0500 (or 611 from your wireless phone). You can also visit att.com/mywireless to manage your account. For additional information about iPhone plan requirements visit att.com/iPhoneplans.

Thank you for being an AT&T customer. We look forward to continuing to provide you with a great iPhone experience.

Sincerely,
AT&T

Simm0nS777

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2010
Northeast Ohio
does anyone have an extra dumb phone I can use the IMEI number to do this. Or would I be allowed to use the one you already used please? I really want to do this but dont have an old phone!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.