Easy Noob Question (should I turn off wireless mouse+keyboard?)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Afro1989, Feb 1, 2006.

1. Afro1989 macrumors 6502a

Hey guys, I'm loving my new Mac Mini! I ordered a 1.42 GHz Mac Mini and got a 1.5 GHz one. I guess I was lucky enough to get one of the new ones.

I have an easy question though.

When I turn off my Mac Mini before I go to sleep should I turn off the wireless mouse + keyboard or do they automatically shut off when the Mac Mini is off?

Thanks. :)

2. Winstonp macrumors 6502a

Winstonp

from what I understand, they sort of "sleep", but to really cut of the maximum amount of electrical discharge from you batteries, I would turn off your wireless mouse and keyboard when your computer is off, and then turn them back on the next time you boot

3. Benjamindaines macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

First off congrats on the Mini. If you're really picky you should turn the keyboard and mouse off, they do not shut off when the computer is off. But I just leave mine on all the time (even when the computer is off)

4. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

I've found that a BT mouse can suck batteries pretty quickly, but my BT KB can stay on 24/7 and still only require new batteries several times a year. Just make sure they're on when you power up the mini (congrats, BTW - nice little system)!