Eat your batter-coated french fries, they're good for you!

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Thomas Veil, Jun 15, 2004.

1. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Remember years ago when the USDA tried to tell us that one of the kinds of vegetables our kids would be fed at school was...ketchup?

Well...there they go again.

I dunno, you guys...the USDA may be splitting technical hairs here, but when I think of a veggie tray or steamed vegetables, I'm not usually equating that with french fries, batter-coated or otherwise.

2. Neserk macrumors 6502a

Neserk

already have this one but I personally think the other should go because the title does not match the content. Just my humble opinion.

3. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

The last 2 paragraphs of the article/quote above says it all.

If your mother reminds you to eat your vegetables, she doesn't take you to McD's to order you a supersize fries.

4. wwworry macrumors regular

the title of the other thread was refering to the time back when Reagan's administration wanted to call ketchup a vegetable so they would not have to spend any more on school lunches.

5. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Oops, sorry. But yeah, I wouldn't have guessed there was already a thread on this from the other title.

6. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Wait, so does this mean that fries with ketchup is now two vegetables? That many vegies doesn't sound like a very balanced diet to me! I'd rather eat a nice healthful sandwich -- a slice of bologna between two beers.