Ebay 1 Mhz g4 17" PB

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by cypher, Dec 11, 2003.

1. cypher macrumors member

2. x86isslow macrumors 6502a

well its not legi if it says they are 1 Mhz , because apple's g4 pwrbks are 1 Ghz+, the 17 is currently 1.33Ghz

3. jtown macrumors 6502

The first one is now invalid and the second is from a person with a large number of recent negative feedback entries and is limited to "pre-approved" bidders. You can get a refurbished 17" powerbook for $2199 from the "special deals" section of the apple store. Or get a leftover new one for $2499. I wouldn't be excited about that second one even though it does include Applecare.

It says there are some software packages "loaded for your use" but that's language often used by people who load the softare but keep the original media/manuals/boxes for themselves.

It could be perfectly legitimate but the feedback is enough of a red flag to make me skip this one.

4. idkew macrumors 68020

idkew

where the concrete to dirt ratio is better
    skip it.

someone who buys the most expensive apple laptop knows it's specs well enough to not make as may mistakes in listing, as this person has done. also, someone who had enough money to buy this machine most likely is intelligent enought to use proper grammer, as this person has not.

5. ethernet76 macrumors 6502a

That software is guaranteed not legal. Anyone can download, install, then say you can't have the disks that never existed. What use is software when you have no computer to run it on?

6. jxyama macrumors 68040

jxyama

first one is off ebay...

second one looked somewhat legit until i checked his rating. he's sold nothing but $20 cell phone cards.

STAY AWAY.

if you can't really afford it, get something cheaper... there's no point in taking a chance on such a big purchase. get it from apple.com.