ebay fakeouts

Discussion in 'Mac Scene' started by switchedanhappy, Mar 7, 2004.

1. switchedanhappy macrumors regular

alright. that's it. I'm sick of pouring over ebay item descriptions only to find at the end that "I am bidding on information on how to get these products and not the products themselves." does anyone have info on these things? what "amazing information and tips" do they contain? has anyone ever used one? success stories? stories of pitiful shame and regret? maybe I'm just sleep deprived but this is starting to REALLY BUG ME. :mad:

2. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

I've never bought one.... But from what I understand, they either tell u to get it from an EDU discount, or for you to call Apple and request a unit for review.

3. Dippo macrumors 65816

Dippo

Don't waste your money. It's a scam...they will sell you information on how to sell the information that they sold you.

4. switchedanhappy thread starter macrumors regular

wow... i must've been sleep deprived, i sound kinda pissed, but thank you all the same, I will definately not be purchasing any.

5. TheMacOS.com macrumors member

thats why ebay stinks.... to me, auctions/bidding over something ive decided to buy is a total waste of my time...

I see something I want, and the price is good.... so I wait til the auction nearly ends.... and get outbidded in a final war every time! :(

and either lose, or pay WAY more than I wanted to pay.

thats why I prefer:

www.half.com

no bidding, find the item you want... either you buy it or dont.

easy. :)