eBay help

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Artful Dodger, Jan 18, 2006.

1. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

Have to ask for some help with this as eBay is no help at all.
    Has anyone ever gotten a phone # from eBay before? Why I ask is they suspended my account since I wouldn't give my SS info for their dumb ID Verify. Why dumb...they asked for my student loan account # which for most would be your SS # and of course I didn't feel right about that. So all I did was back out of the question form and continue with my day. Filled out the normal items, checked out the links, made my for sale item (so fasr so good).
    Then I put my iMac on eBay (up for two days) only to find my auction closed and an email from them stating that it was closed due to the fact they couldn't verify who I was and it was because of the form (used for buy it now items only) :mad:
    So with that said now the only way to get back on is (this is from them) give a copy of my drivers license, utility bill, and student loan # (WTF)! Any other private stuff to hand over?
    I sent an email only to get the section 9 answer, sent another email asking to be specific since I've only sold two things on eBay before and things went smooth. I also put in the email about the student loan # question and gave a link as per the loan company that my SS # was the student loan # and why would they need that? Their own rules say they will never ask for this so now what?
    Of course I haven't had an email in about four days on this and the live help just gave me a link to the same department I have been dealing with on this.
    Any suggestions would help a lot even if this never gets resolved in a timely matter.

2. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    Don't ever say I don't love ya. lol

* 1-800-322-9266
    * 1-888-749-3229

If you want to use snail mail:

2145 Hamilton Avenue, # 350
    San Jose, CA 95125

Their company hours are 7:30 AM to 5:30 PM, Pacific time.

3. Artful Dodger thread starter macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

Your the best :D