eBay is so slow in Safari!!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by sigamy, Nov 21, 2004.

1. sigamy macrumors 65816

I've been on ebay for two days watching some speaker sets. Every time I search or view or go back a page I get the spinning beachball. What the heck is going on? It's been like this for a few weeks.

I'm on a G4 1ghz iMac with 768mb :mad:

2. nels0360 macrumors member

I am experiencing the exactly same problem. It was either an ebay site change or a safari update that greatly slowed it.

3. Apple Hobo macrumors 6502a

Apple Hobo

4. jaromski macrumors regular

jaromski

5. Mpowerbook182 macrumors newbie

I had a post earlier on safari, slowing way down, even for periods of 5min or longer, i noticed the longer i viewed things on ebay the more it would slow down even after clearing my history and cache though it stoped getting stuck on beach-balling for the way long time periods. So thinking maybe my comp had a problem i spent some time using my emac and it did the same thing. guess this story does not help that much, just thouhgt i would share.

6. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

Camino is the way to go...

I've seen some problems as well and I'm moving slow to Camino until apple gives me a good reason to take Camino out of my dock. Repair permissions at least once a week and it will help, reset cache.

7. bubbamac macrumors 6502

I've noticed that, too. It's not just Safari, I've tried it on Safari, Firefox, Camino. It's slower on all of them.

Give Firefox or Camino a try - they are faster than Safari, especially noticable if you're on a dial-up connection. See other threads for commentary.

8. nels0360 macrumors member

The problm with Firefox is that it doesn't support the middle mouse click yet.

9. i_am_a_cow macrumors regular

actually, the problem is due to the recent shift from moving gifs to flash ads. This is super annoying. Weather.com uses like 10 flash ads on one page. They don't realize that flash is really slow when you have like 10 on one page. It's really really bad for me, since I'm on a G4 450

10. Apple Hobo macrumors 6502a

Apple Hobo

I use PithHelmet, so no garbage ads for me.

Safari 1.3 is supposed to be pretty fast...I hope so.