ebay - itunes gift cert.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by raiderz182, Mar 17, 2004.

1. raiderz182 macrumors regular

Oct 17, 2003
    north philly
    hey , i have a $30 gift itunes gift certificate that i got when i bought my 15gb ipod.... i will have no use for it though..
    seeing as how i have never sold or bought anything on ebay before, and i am basically selling something that i can just send through email, do you think anyone would bid on it? I'd really like to get at least $20 on it...
    ps : im TOTALLY new to ebay, i don't know the rules and stuff
  2. krimson macrumors 65816

Oct 29, 2003
    Democratic People's Republic of Kalifornia
    you might want to do a littel research before you put it up, ie, is anyone else selling them, and how much are they going for. It's pretty rare to get FMV for anything put up on ebay, unless it's highly in demand.

to answer your question though, yeah, you could put it up, and then just email it to them once the $$ transactions have been completed. remember that ebay also charges you for the listing + like 3% of the final total.. I think you're better off selling to someone you know.
  3. superbovine macrumors 68030

Nov 7, 2003
    considering you don't have any feedback, i doubt you auction will as your hope because they won't know if you actually used the gift card etc. the best way to get rid of it is to just sell it a small loss to a friend. why don't you just use it?