eBay Negative Feedback help

Discussion in 'Community' started by wowser, Sep 26, 2004.

1. wowser macrumors 6502a

wowser

Hi,
    I sold 3 CDs last week (it is now a few hours over 7 days after the auctions ended). I have sent these buyers many emails, warnings and payment reminders , but so far none of them have even emailed me back, let alone paid. I was wondering if this was too early to leave negative feedback - i keep going to do it, but i'm too damn nice to give them the bad feedback! I have filed 3 'non-payment' forms with eBay. All of the buyers have perfect (100%) feedback at the moment.

2. stealthy macrumors member

stealthy

As the seller, I believe you can look up their phone # - give 'em a call.

3. wowser thread starter macrumors 6502a

wowser

I'm a bit nervous about doing that, but i will consider it. I think i may wait for the eBay non-payment thing to take its course. ...

Just realised that two of them are US sellers, do really don't want to spend that kinda money on a phone call (would probably end up costing more than the cds went for!) The UK seller has not provided a phone number.

4. JLS macrumors 6502

The UK seller would have to have given ebay a phone number on registration, and you can request too see it (look in the ebay FAQ).

If the number is fake, report it to ebay. You will get your listing fee back, and the member will be banned.

I would say wait 2 weeks before leaving bad feedback, as some people might have bid, then gone on holiday, or only use internet cafes.

Bad feedback is impossible to remove (don't I fricking know it.. urgh), so only leave it if they really deserve it.

You MUST attempt to phone them before you even think about leaving bad feedback, or may the demons of ebay haunt you for eternity. :)

5. wowser thread starter macrumors 6502a

wowser

Well, i will certainly wait then. I did wonder if some of them might have gone on holiday. The US buyers, though - i will never be able to call them (too expensive) - so i will just wait another 3 weeks or so with them (and see if they even email!) I'm aware that negative feedback is condemming a buyer, so i will hold off for now. Thanks, guys

6. stealthy macrumors member

stealthy

7. wowser thread starter macrumors 6502a

wowser

I think that if i didn't leave em negative feedback, they woulde certainly have a good word to say about me, so i guess it is a worthwile trade

8. Hoef macrumors 6502a

Hoef

I waited two weeks once.... The lady had a death in the family. But she never paid etc... she had 47 transactions, 100%. I ended up giving her a neutral rather than a negative. I am such a wooz

9. wowser thread starter macrumors 6502a

wowser

i was also thinking of neutral feedback. IF they had a death, though, i would not bother leaving anything.

10. FuzzyBallz macrumors 6502a

FuzzyBallz

I hate bums who make up excuses to avoid a negative feedback. I pay fast on auctions won and I expect anyone who bids and wins my auctions to do the same. I clearly state in my auctions that if you're gonna bid, I expect you to pay me within 48 hours of end of auction with PayPal, the only payment I accept. If you don't pay me, I'll slap you w/ a negative feedback, clear and simple. If you won my auction and got kill afterward, too bad, you'll get a negative feedback.

11. MattG macrumors 68040

MattG

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/unpaid-item-process.html

For now, if you haven't already, file an unpaid item dispute (you have to wait until a week after the auctions end, so you can do this now). eBay will contact the buyer and remind them to pay. If the buyer doesn't respond within a week, you can request a final-value fee credit to your eBay account. At that point, relist your item, and that's also when I would leave negative feedback for the old auctions.

I've had to go through this several times. I've got five negative feedbacks on my account, all of which are from people who either didn't pay (and left me negative feedback because I left them negative feedback), took so long to pay that I just assumed they weren't going to, etc. You never can tell what type of people you're going to come across on eBay...I just had an auction end two days ago, and the person who won still hasn't contacted me. :mad: Annoying isn't it?!

12. Hoef macrumors 6502a

Hoef

Inspired by Trump? :cool:

13. FuzzyBallz macrumors 6502a

FuzzyBallz

You're Fired!

14. caveman_uk Guest

caveman_uk

I had one guy who sent an unsigned cheque as a payment. He didn't reply for about a week to emails about it so eventually I sent a letter. It turns out he was on holiday and he did pay up. I know this is different in that he had already tried to pay but it goes to show that some people check their email infrequently and people do genuinely go away - so I'd leave it two weeks before doing anything drastic. That being said you shoudln't bid for an auction when you know you're going to be away - it's bad manners.

Incidently, I don't post outside the UK for my auctions. I think international is too risky.

15. JLS macrumors 6502

You must me kidding.. you have to get the forms witnessed by a solicitor for gods sake. Its too expensive.

Its like 8p per minute to call the USA from england... its not the dark ages anymore when it used to cost a fortune!

16. wowser thread starter macrumors 6502a

wowser

Well, i still haven't heard heard from the US bidders, but i eventually got payment from the UK seller - i left Neutral feedback. I always offer to post wordwide as I seem to get more bidders. I think i'll give the US bidders a call next week :rolleyes: If anyone knows of a Black Sabbath fan in New York, or a Verve fan in Louisianna - tell them wowser's wanting a word ;)

For neutral feedback i put : "Took over a week to pay and only got in contact when i informed eBay" I think this was fair