Ebay problem, please help.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by rdweaver, Jul 27, 2006.

1. rdweaver macrumors member

Hi Everyone

I'm having a problem signing into eBay. Every other site loads fine as does eBay until I reach the username and password screen. After entering my details and hitting return, the progress bar moves about a quarter of the way along and then stops. I am currently using Safari, which I have reset many times with no luck. I have also tried Firefox and Internet Explorer with the same result. I have a wireless network and can sign in with no problems using my PSP browser which is certainly not the solution I'm looking for. My Windows work laptop also works fine, so I guess it's a problem with my Powerbook/software. Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is driving me mad:mad:

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Try opening up a new user account on your Mac and check whether it works properly from there. Hopefully it's just a bad network setting. :)

3. rdweaver thread starter macrumors member

Thanks Mad Jew, tried a new account and the same problem occurs. All other sites are fine, just the login to eBay doesn't work it still hangs after I submit my username and password. This is driving me crazy. Any other ideas?

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Crap. Okay, do you have any strange proxy settings? How do you connect to your ISP? If it's with TCP/IP, then try renewing your DHCP lease in the Network pane of System Preferences (under TCP/IP). :)

5. rdweaver thread starter macrumors member

I connect using airport and a belkin router (which I have reset lots of times). One thing that occured to me was that I recently switched broadband providers. Do you think that might have anything to do with it? I can't remember if this problem happened before or after the switch?

6. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

7. rdweaver thread starter macrumors member

Tried Camino, Opera, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. No luck with any of them:confused:

8. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Could do. Maybe give them a call or an email to find out if others are having a similar problem. :)

9. rdweaver thread starter macrumors member

Update: Tried connecting to eBay using the USB modem my new broadband provider sent me and guess what? Signed into eBay no problems:eek: This would lead me to belive that the problem is either with my Belkin router or Airport on my Powerbook. I restored my router to its original factory settings, but this didn't help. Anyone have any ideas to fix this problem as a USB modem is not an option for me. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

10. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Have you installed the latest firmware for your router? Find your router in the list and download/install the latest software.

11. rdweaver thread starter macrumors member

Just updated the router firmware. Made no difference:(