Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

majorp

macrumors 6502
Nov 28, 2005
UK !!!
He can retract his own bid but it shows on his feedback page which is why he doesn't want to do it.

clayj

macrumors 604
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
majorp said:
He can retract his own bid but it shows on his feedback page which is why he doesn't want to do it.
In that case, I'd make him retract his bid. If he doesn't, and then doesn't want to fulfill his contractual obligation, then you get to tag him with some serious negative feedback.

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5
clayj said:
In that case, I'd make him retract his bid. If he doesn't, and then doesn't want to fulfill his contractual obligation, then you get to tag him with some serious negative feedback.
But keep your eye on the ball -- your mission is to sell the -- whatever -- not to punish Mr. *%$&wit. If you cancel him yourself, you get bidder #2 and make the sale.

linam said:
I'm sorry but ebay take 24 hours to answer.

Ooooh -- wrong answer.
The links were provided for you to read for yourself the eBay terms and conditions for buyers and sellers.

If you don't want to do your own research, and you would rather pester us for support than eBay, then it's sayanora from me. Bye.

acceber

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2004
Sydney, Australia
So what happened?

I would have cancelled his bid, he's an idiot for not reading the terms of the listing properly before bidding but cancelling it will save you pain when the auction ends because he probably won't pay.

Linam

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 25, 2005
I will write to him telling him to cancel his own bid and if he does not I will cancel it before the auction ends

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.