Ebay question for the Americans only!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by JW8725, Dec 30, 2005.

1. JW8725 macrumors 6502a

Ok I want to sell a product aimed only at the US Market. Now you guys have more time zones than I have brain cells...etc. Whats the best time to start the auction listing so it finishes at a "Prime Time" for you guys?

Cheers!:p

2. amacgenius macrumors 68000

amacgenius

I'd say make sure it ends between 6PM-9PM Eastern Time, because that's when a lot of people are home from work and stuff.

3. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

Think prime time TV, Monday Night Footbal etc. i.e. around 7-9pm EST. Like amacgenius said, the West Coast is just getting off work and the East Coast is watching TV. :D

4. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Whereas us Canadians don't use timezones: we just go by the position of the sun....

5. iMatt mini macrumors 6502

Why not just make it a couple days long also? So no matter what time they see it, they can bid.

6. mjstew33 macrumors 601

mjstew33

Because most people bid at the end of an auction.

7. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Maybe the later portion of that time, too... if you have a bid close between eight and nine, it'll catch some Pacific people while still hitting the East Coast before it gets too late. :)

Now what, pray tell, is this item marketed squarely to the minds of Americans, Mr. Rosso? We have some Americans in this thread! :)

P.S. It's pr0n, isn't it!?

8. adk macrumors 68000

adk

I would say 6PM pacific time would be perfect. Ends at 6 in cali, 9 in maine.

9. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

I agree with you guys or have it end on a weekend afternoon. Value the weekends, these days lots of people sit around and browse ebay.

10. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

just average it at 5-8 hours behind your own prime time (UK) and it should work out properly.

11. superbovine macrumors 68030

superbovine

Studies show in America that Monday and Tuesday are the biggest online shopping days of the week. In other words, people come into work from the weekend and shop at work.

I find that starting ebay auctions between 14:00 and 15:00 on Monday (for 3 day auctions) is a pretty good time slot. That is right after lunch on the west cost and towards the end of the day in the other zones not counting Hawaii and Alaska.

For 7 day, I would go start Weds because your heaviest traffic will be on Monday and Tues, and people will be ready to buy on Weds. My friend likes to do that same thing, but ends on Tues. I think either day is ok.

12. Linam macrumors regular

13. JW8725 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hi everyone thanks for all the replies. The item itself is nothing flash, basically a US mains lead albeit an expensive one for hifi.:)