Ebay Question

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by seabass069, Mar 11, 2006.

1. seabass069 macrumors regular

I had an iPod nano 1gb up for sale on Ebay. It did not meet my reserve price, but I am willing to sell it at the highest bidders price. Since the item listed has expired, how can I sell the item to the person with the highest bidding price?

2. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Check the eBay Help area in the Sellers section for "Second Chance Offer"

3. seabass069 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks that helped. I gave the highest bidder a second chance and he wants the iPod. Now, my second and final quesion is, I sold a guitar pedal on eBay. The buyer paid through paypal with a credit card. It comes up as the address is unconfirmed. I have not shipped or accepted the payment yet. The help files say that the address shipping to is not the same as the address on the credit card. Is this safe. The help files warn about chargebacks. Should I e-mail the buyer and tell them I will only ship to the credit card address?

4. ReanimationLP macrumors 68030

ReanimationLP

To have a confirmed address, you have to go thru all this hoopola. o.o

I'd say, if the payment clears and all, ship it. But thats just me. Some people dont bother/dont know how to confirm their Paypal accounts.

5. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Well, it depends how much a risk you are willing to take. The "unconfirmed address" may be because the buyer ijust hasn't gone through the confirmation process, or they have changed charge cards (you are only allowed to confirm once... it's a Visa thing), or because they are using someone else's card to put money in. The problem comes up of course if they have used a stolen card to fund the PayPal. If the cardholder disputes the charge, Visa wil charge-back and PayPal will take the money away from you and you are SOL.

So your goal is to veify that the buyer is who he is, and where he is (youc an check whitepages.com, and you can check their eBay feedback.) You can ask him why he has not confirmed his address on the card. Then you have to verify whether the card is in fact his, or whether he he had permission to use the card in question.

What we do is to as the buyer to send us a photocopy of the card front and back, with the cardholder's signature stating that they grant permission for this card to be used for this purchase. That way, if there is a problem you have some proof.