Ebay questions

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mets1125, Nov 18, 2008.

1. macrumors regular

Sep 4, 2007
    Queens, NY
    I want to take advantage of the live.com rebate but have some questions:

1. How does the warranty work on a new purchase from ebay? I can not show apple a receipt from ebay.

2. How come prices are reduced on ebay when most sellers are not apple resellers?

3. I have had a bad experience before with ebay so I am skeptical about purchasing a big item again...Besides feedback how can I tell a mac is 100% new and never used?

2. macrumors 601

Nov 19, 2007
    Georgia, USA
    If you get the serial number from the Mac, you can go here on Apple's website to find out it's information.
  3. macrumors regular

Nov 18, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Are serial numbers accessible without opening a Sealed box? If they are, then I am going to request the number from my potential seller as well.
  4. macrumors G5

Jun 27, 2007
    Serial is on the box.

However, for big ticket items you should do store.apple.com or an apple reseller.
  5. macrumors 6502a

Oct 6, 2005
    If you are going to order off of ebay, use this code for 10% off -- CHOLIDAYNOV2008 It looks like the 25% cashback is applied before this, but the 10% off is instant.
  6. macrumors 6502

Oct 24, 2008
    Coupon codes only work if you received it (currently 10% and 15% off coupons). If you don't have a notice in your ebay account about receiving a coupon, this coupon will NOT work for you. You'll be able to checkout to the very last step and at the end, the coupon will be invalidated.