Ebay scam? Help me on what to do!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by iphone.luke, Apr 25, 2008.

1. macrumors member

Well first off I was selling my PS2 Slim with 10 games and 2 controllers until a guy ended it with a buy it now of $110.

Now I know for sure this is a scam but how do I go about not sending it and contacting ebay. I am new to this and don't know what to do.

Did ebay charge me for the auction if so how do I repost it without the charge? Will I get bad feedback? I have 8 Positives and don't want a negative.

Thanks, Luke

He sent this

2. macrumors 65816

teleromeo

just do nothing, he will leave you alone. Do NOT send your goods to Nigeria..

3. thread starter macrumors member

But then I lose my $10 that ebay charged me for the auction... I worked about 2 hours for $10 after taxes... :mad:

4. macrumors 6502a

5. macrumors 65816

teleromeo

I just checked the buyers profile (bjam2101) and he signed up today with a private account in Germany. Those scammers do no effort to hide they are scamming...
    In fact, eBay should do a little more effort to get people like that off their site.

6. macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

File a fraud report to ebay asap. They have a phone number, I'd call it and give someone the story. They don't like this crap either. It won't hurt your account one bit and they'll refund your fees if paid.

7. macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

File a fraud report and do not contact the guy at all. Send a copy of all emails to Ebay. It very clearly a scam.

8. thread starter macrumors member

Thanks to who ever looked at this tread! He is nolonger a member with ebay and I got a full refund with the auction!!!!

Thanks Guys! :D

9. macrumors newbie

Glad that this worked out. As a seller, I never sell to international buyers for reason such as these. I love ebay--they are on top of things!