Ebay scares me

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by hugemullens, Apr 11, 2003.

1. hugemullens macrumors 6502a

hugemullens

2. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

yup a scam "Because of this process it usually takes approx. to 14 days to ship and I cannot accept COD, Escrow or picking up merchandise in person (pickups)! California Residents must add 8% sales tax. That is what I am charged, so I must pass this on."
    I suggest you contact ebay and all the bidders and tell them that c omputer doens't exist or even have l3 cache like the ad claims.

3. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

don't let 1 auction scare you from the rest, even though that
    one auction is VERY scary. ;).

4. maradong macrumors 65816

maradong

5. benixau macrumors 65816

benixau

ok, here is a run down on this scam:

pic 1 - is a 15" TiBook, notice how the cd is in the front slot (used latter on)

specs are identical to a 17" AlBook.

pic 2 - is a 12" AlBook, look! no slot for the CD at the front

pic 3 - is a 17" AlBook - the one that matches the specs given but not the product advertised.

notes: interesting, say it was a 17", i could believe the "only one ever made" thing. but aa 12", i think apple made a few more of those than that .... feel free to email the above info to any potential buyers. i want to help. i dont like ripping or being ripped off. good luck guys.

6. hvfsl macrumors 68000

hvfsl

I think the guy has just got the specs wrong, look at his rating and most people are happy with him. Or i could a son to be released PB G4, like the DDR motherboard on ebay a while back.

7. 748s macrumors 6502a

748s

i checked his rating and what he sold. what he sold should make you doubt everything about him. no mistakes here. selling lists of where to get discounted italian furniture. what really proves something is wrong, is......he purchased a cher cd. scam!

8. Computer_Phreak macrumors 6502

well ebay is ok if you just make sure the seller is legit, the item is legit, and that the price, or anything else for that matter, isn't too good to be true.

9. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

true, i always tell people they a free to call me anytime about large sales simply because it puts thier mind at ease. Since i've only sold legit items it really helps your relibilty and when ppl are buying big thigns they don't mind a ew buck in phone calls to save a large amount in the long run.

10. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

ebay isn't that scary...just use your head and keep the idea in your head that, "if it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is."

I've bought & sold a ton of items through ebay. My camera, phone, computer parts, b.s., etc...

never had a problem... ;)

11. coopdog macrumors 6502a

complaint : SellerNegligent, Waited 24 hours for replyChanged method delivery-mutual cancele

Response by chilling_effects - Liar! Sent multiple emails. Was extremely volatile and RUDE! NON-PAYER, DEADBEAT

complaint : Took 11 days after auction ended to tell me about I.D. theft...bad communication

Response by chilling_effects - LIAR!Rcd.1 e-mail today.Bad ebayer,check my feedback,NO problems,JERK,LIAR, ASS!

it seems he's an ass

12. Wano macrumors 6502

Has anyone here e-mailed the bidders that this is a scam, or at least to be awere?

13. macphoria macrumors 6502a

macphoria

Either that seller is truly un-informed Mac user or lousy scam artist. Either way, that person is really confused.

14. hugemullens thread starter macrumors 6502a

hugemullens

I see the seller ended the auction ealry due to errors in the listing.
    i'm sure he will have a correctly spec'd 867 up before to long. I love ebay, i do a ton of bussiness on it, i was just looking for a bag for my powerbook and found that and thought it was worth mentioning.

15. GigaWire macrumors 6502

did no one else check his other auctions? He's got 3 17" and 2 12's. this guy has scam written all over him

16. Gus macrumors 65816

Gus

You know, I see a lot of responses to negative feedback that look like these. I know that nobody wats the negative FB, but responding like this only makes it look worse. I don't buy from people who respond to NFB like that. It tells me that they are childish and petty.

Regards,
    Gus