eBay Selling

Discussion in 'Community' started by CompUser, Aug 12, 2005.

1. CompUser Guest

I am selling items on eBay for a person on ebay.
    My job responsibilities include
    - Taking pictures of the items
    - Writing up discriptions
    - Seeing what item sells
    - If an object does sell I have sell I take care of packaging the items to be shipped

How much should I charge for my services?
    - $??? per hour
    - $??? per item
  2. homerjward macrumors 68030

May 11, 2004
    fig tree
    if you have a similar place in your area (san antonio has "i sold it on ebay" or some store like that, dont know if its a chain) you could call them and ask, cause even if you're reasonably priced, if someone else in town charges half that you might not get that much business
  3. alex_ant macrumors 68020

Feb 5, 2002
    All up in your bidness
    It depends on the value of what you're selling, what your time is worth, and how much of a friend you are. If you're selling say 20 items, it can take hours to list them all. I think a 25% commission would be a good place to start.
  4. ohcrap macrumors 6502a

Aug 12, 2005
    How many items a day/week will you be selling? If that number is high, I'd ask for a commission agreement, say 20% or so? :D
  5. CompUser thread starter Guest

I'm working probably once a week, going to the persons work, putting on new items, dealing with items that have sold.

I don't know how many items I will be selling. I think somewhere from 15-20 to start.

I would rather not get paid on commission, because if she never sells anything, I would never make any money even after all the work I put into listing the items.
  6. CompUser thread starter Guest

I will be selling new "high end" clothes, handbags, etc.

I play soccer right now and I will be playing it every day except for weekends starting september 8th. I do have a lot of friends that I hang out with.