Ebay

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by jbrown, Jun 23, 2005.

1. jbrown macrumors 6502a

jbrown

Why is it so BLOODY SLOW ( more so under Tiger IMO ) on Safari - my main browser, and what can I do about it?? :mad: :mad: :mad:

2. MacTruck macrumors 65816

MacTruck

3. jbrown thread starter macrumors 6502a

jbrown

I don't want ( and don't think I should have to ) use another browser I'm unfamiliar with and have no saved site ---- just to use Ebay - why is it so slooooow

4. MacTruck macrumors 65816

MacTruck

Safari is not fully compatible with the Javascripting on Ebay. Turn off javascript and it will be faster.

5. mcarnes macrumors 68000

mcarnes

Ebay is down a lot more than it used to be. It was down for hours when one my high dollar auctions ended, which really pissed me off. The next morning I looked to see if the site was up yet and found that they extended my auction another day, without a single comment or email to explain why.

I had to answer 10 emails myself, from bidders wondering why the auction end date had changed. It looked fishy to them since my item sold for over $3K. Ebay's site is full of glitches and slow downs. Stupid ebay. Glad I don't rely on them as a primary source of income anymore.

And don't even get me started about the flood of Nigerian scammers that ebay doesn't give a rat's asss about.

6. kyuuki macrumors newbie

Nigerian? Scammers?? Ebay doesnt give a rats ass???

do i hear an interesting story?

*kyuuki sits back and gets confortable

do continue...............

7. jbrown thread starter macrumors 6502a

jbrown

How do you turn Javascript on / off - and how will that affect other things??

8. mcarnes macrumors 68000

mcarnes

Try to sell a cell phone on ebay and specify that you will ship world wide, you'll soon know what I'm talking about.

Join the resistance.

Sorry to hijack the thread. I'm done.