EBgames has shipped my copy of WoW!

Discussion in 'Games' started by JasonL, Nov 19, 2004.

1. JasonL macrumors regular

2. MacGuy1 macrumors newbie

AHHH were is my ship!! How can they ship this is Blizzard hasn't released? When did you preorder?

3. JasonL thread starter macrumors regular

Nevermind me...I'm an idiot. I quickly scanned the email from EB Games and it said something about a WoW shipping confirmation. It was for the strategy guide that I had forgotten that I'd ordered. :eek:

4. BrianKonarsMac macrumors 65816

strategy guide? how can their be a strategy guide on a MMORPG? does it teach you the techniques of umm...using your abilities? i'm confused.

5. JasonL thread starter macrumors regular

I figured it may provide some insight as to character development. Certainly with a MMORPG it is not your typical walk-through. Actually, I'm not even really sure why I bought it considering all of the (free) online resources available. :confused:

6. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Well, it'd let you research abilities and strategies while in places you can't surf, like the bathroom. Oh, wait, I see you own a PB. Presumably with an AirPort card. Never mind.... ;-)

7. BrianKonarsMac macrumors 65816

ah ya i didn't think about how it would discuss the various talent trees etc. so i guess it will give some good feedback as far as that is concerned, in one place no less (where as with the internet you would be searching all over variou sforums etc).

8. cyberddot macrumors 6502

cyberddot

Amazon shipped

I got notification yesterday, the 18th, that my Limited Edition copy of WoW had shipped and would be arriving on the 22nd or the 23rd. :eek:

No waiting in line or worse, having to make a trip to a larger town to wait in line at a store that actually carries Mac products.

C U there on the 23rd!

dot

9. vraxtus macrumors 65816

vraxtus

Uhhh what are you talking about...

Have you EVER bought a Blizz product? All of their games are hybrid installers... so it's NEVER Mac or Windows exclusive.

10. cyberddot macrumors 6502

cyberddot

Thanks sweetie. Yes...I own several Blizz products...what was I thinking?

Thanks for being a vrA$$tus about it :D Try not to leave your mouth open when you so breathlessly say "uhhhh".

I mis-typed. I guess I should've written that I'd have to travel to a larger town to even find a store that carries Blizzard products, and the first one that I would go to would be the not-so-local Mac Store...to support an Apple AND Blizzard business.

All clear now?

11. BrianKonarsMac macrumors 65816

i want a nice clean fight, no punches below the belt, obey my commands at all times. touch gloves gentlemen! let's get it on! *ding ding ding*

:D although i had the same reaction when i read your post, i was like a store that carries mac products? huh? :p nitpicking is fun :).

12. Solafaa macrumors 6502a

Solafaa

Well since most online RTS/FPS and MMOGs change so fast after release i dont think stratigy guids will be any good. I mean it takes time to write a book, lets say 3 months, in 3 months of playing the beta there has been more changes most games i have played. After release there would be more changes so what ever the book has init would be online for free and have better info.

13. vraxtus macrumors 65816

vraxtus

So clever. I suppose you find insults on a message board to be a fond way to express yourself where other parts are *lacking* I see.

In reality I was hoping you wouldn't be looking for a Mac specific place, since that would be fairly useless in terms of buying a Blizzard product.

14. JasonL thread starter macrumors regular

Really? Time to check my email again...

15. cyberddot macrumors 6502

cyberddot

...the point was that I was getting the WoW stuff on the 22nd or the 23rd. YEA! I hadn't really thought much about the context of my purchase place reference, since it wasn't the point of the thread...early shipping was, or so I thought. I'm guilty of not thinking of the dual install option before I typed.

I'm also guilty of buying all of my Blizzard software from The Mac Store or Apple, tis true. I like to vote with my money. Though, I must admit that voting for Apple when it comes to games is only made possible by companies like Blizzard.

I really CAN feel the love.

dot

16. JasonL thread starter macrumors regular

It sounds like EBgames is going to be shipping on 11/22. From what I've read in a few places (including here) Amazon has already started to ship.

17. haiggy macrumors 65816

Cost

Anyone know how much the monthly fee is? Or if there is one?

18. beefcake macrumors 6502

It will be $15/month or $13/month if you buy 6 month blocks.

19. haiggy macrumors 65816

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.. Blizzard is going to make a fortune anyway.... greedy b*t*hes :mad:

20. Anarchy99 macrumors 6502

$13-$15usd a month is a rip
    especialy depending on what wow you get $50usd for the regular or $80usd for the collector edition
    not to mention that the majority of people buying it are kids/highschool students
    so even if they got it for $13usd a month thats like $160 a year
    im in i highscool and im canadian so its even more for me
    its not like blizzard wont have the user base they could charge 5 dollars or even 0 for gameplay and still pull a profit after expeceses for the mmorpg
    thats why i hope someone compiles source code for a emulated server for osx so i can play for free like pc users can
    sure i wont get new content but i wont burn a hole in my wallet

21. MacGuy1 macrumors newbie

If you think its too much.. simply don't buy it. I think the price is perfect.

22. iBert macrumors regular

iBert

I think the price is perfect also. I believe or think that you will be able to have as many characters as you want. Not like FFXI, where you have to pay $1.00 for each additional character. At least that is my understanding from what a friend told me.

And good point MacGuy1, if it's too expensive just don't buy the game. And specially don't even hope that someone just creates a free server. Service comes at a price.

23. jtgotsjets macrumors 6502

jtgotsjets

The first pressings of Diablo 2 weren't hybrids, so never say never.

24. Golem macrumors 6502

Its a mmorg, They have to pay for bandwidth, Support,GM's,on going development. You get all of that for the cost of going to movies once a month.

Or to look at it another way its costing me for a month of WoW the same as it costs for a week of Cable Digital TV and while I was playing open beta I watched about 4 hours of TV total

Besides it tends to raise the maturity level a little so we wont be buried in bnet kids.:)

25. MacGuy1 macrumors newbie

It will be 10 chars per server.. 50 chars total. Thats more then enough :p