ebuyer.com about to go bust?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Digitalzoom, Oct 11, 2006.

1. Digitalzoom macrumors newbie

Anybody know if this is true?
    Just read a entry on Digg about ebuyer in financial trouble.
    I've used them quite a bit - not great but pretty cheap!
    I called them earlier today as I have a order with them which is taking longer to process than normal & nobody is answering the phone! :(

2. danielbriggs macrumors 6502

I use them all the time!
    Fine for the past 2 years. Ordered something on Tuesday afternoon, arrived Wednesday morning.
    Spoke to them today. Super!

I sure hope not.

Also, just because one rival says they are in financial trouble, dosen't mean they ARE.

3. ®îçhå®? macrumors 68000

®îçhå®?

They better not be but it wouldnt surprise me if they are, there are lots of cheaper opions now easily accessible on the intrernet.

4. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    They fired a lot of people last month to try to cut costs so it wouldn't surprise me.

I've used them a couple of times and it was a decidedly average experience. Not in speed of service but in paying attention to details.

5. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

One of their main warehouses was in Sheffield UK and it has closed down so it aint looking good. I used to use them more than anyone else. :(

6. somabc macrumors newbie

Thats just great i am in the middle of trying to get them to replace my broken laptop

7. generik macrumors 601

generik

Is your broken laptop currently in your possession?

8. somabc macrumors newbie

9. CrackedButter macrumors 68040

CrackedButter

I hope they do finally burn. That company is the pits and needed shooting a few years ago. This is good news incidentally.

10. deepy macrumors regular

I used to really like them. They had a very large selection of products, very good prices and, my favourite part, the fact you could choose different shipping bands to make shipping cheaper or quicker.

Now I dont see the prices being cheaper or the selection being that great. Still quite like the shipping thing though. I'm now too used to using scan.co.uk.

11. mark88 macrumors 6502a

The Ebuyer website doesn't even work properly on macs, it's impossible to navigate and the search function doesn't work. Check it out on a Windows machine then compare it to OS X.

Pretty dumb considering they sell Macs.