eCOST.com 8 rebates

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by KyleC, Oct 9, 2004.

1. KyleC macrumors member

I am looking to buy my first MAC ever, i am a PC user and i am tired of ****** PC laptops.

ok so what do yall think about this eCOST deal: http://www.ecost.com/ecost/shop/detail.asp?dpno=401975
    Great price with superdrive, 60gb, BT, and AP; wouldnt you agree?? Its better than the deal my school has on them.

what is with all the rebates as well:
    Free Sennheiser HD437 headphone
    Free Sennheiser MX300 Earbuds
    4 printer rebates (1 that makes the printer free)
    free 512mb upgrade (catch: 40$ installation)
    .mac rebate (30$ off)

do you think i could use 5 of these? I would just sell or give the printer away. keep the Sennheisers, .mac, and use the ram. Can you trust ecost rebates?

I am also thinking of waiting cause the buyers guide says the powerbook is ready for an update. What do yall think?

Thanks Guys,
    Kyle

2. oldschool macrumors 65816

oldschool

i don't know about trusting their rebates, but i love the site.

i bought my MX900 mouse from them and had a great experience, especially since they offer "border free" for customers in canada. That allowed me to know exactly what the customs charges were when i bought the product instead of having to pay some surprise amount at the post office.

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

4. KyleC thread starter macrumors member

5. MiLife macrumors newbie

The only thing that I would caution is that the rebates may not all apply simulaneously. I worked with a site like this once, and it was something like: 'Only one of the following rebates can be applied to this purchase.' The last link provided, however, makes it look like you can add each independently to the cart. So, it looks legit, but maybe check it out. Personally, I have never had any experience with eCost. Best of luck with the purchase, what ever you go with. I made the switch last year, and it has been nothing but bliss...