Eddie Guerrero

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by seabass069, Nov 13, 2005.

1. seabass069 macrumors regular

World Wrestling Entertainment wrestler Eddie Guerrero was found dead in his Minneapolis hotel room this morning, according to the WWE.

http://www.wwe.com/

2. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

One of the few guys I would actually enjoy watching (when I still watched it). :(

3. barneygumble macrumors 6502a

Such a shame, i watched him perform yestersay, i hope it had nothing to do with how his character was behaving lately.

4. hookahco macrumors regular

rest in peace
    god bless the dead.
    Does anybody know the cause of death?

5. OnceUGoMac macrumors 6502a

OnceUGoMac

That is terrible news. He was one of the top guys. I remember that he overcame his personal demons a few years back. I hope that those demons weren't the cause.

6. Deepdale macrumors 68000

Deepdale

It has also been some time since I watched WWE, but I found Eddie to be among the more colorful performers. I believe he was 38 years old ... like other wrestlers who died at similarly young ages, one has to expect news of steroid abuse to surface sooner or later.

7. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

Blimey, that's a shocker. Me and the missus have been watching a bit of wrestling over the past couple of months (it's a guilty pleasure) and he was one of the more entertaining characters on the circuit.

8. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

thats sad to hear....RIP God Bless his soul.

Bless

9. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

Reports say it could of been a heart failure.

http://wrestlezone.com/article.php?articleid=133916611

10. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

Dang, just read this on my local news' website. That too bad. I remember him when I used to watch wrestling :(

R.I.P.

11. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

This is a great loss to the world of wrestling, its funny as i havent watched the WWF or WWE as its now called for years but on saturday morning while channel hopping i came across Eddie's last match and watched it for some reason.....

One thing i noticed about him is how huge he had become since i last saw him a few years back, it showed to me the steroid abuse in the business and what ultimatly led to his death,

Rest in Peace Eddie Guerro,

SHadow

12. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Yeah, I remember him. I HATED him on WWE. However, that doesn't mean I have any less respect for him and how decent a wrestler he was. Must be hard on the fans when real life takes a bite out of their imaginary wrestling world.

13. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

His Nephew said he had been clean for awhile, but the damage had been done. Wasn't that familiar with him myself, but 38 is such a young age for someone who's supposed to be clean and in shape.

14. Foucault macrumors 6502

Foucault

I haven't been keepin' track of the WWE since The Rock became a movie star, but it's a really sad to hear this story. The wrestling life can be a brutal existence, and a lot of these wrestlers struggle with drugs, alcohol, and steroids. I certainly hope these vices weren't involved in Eddie's death. I hope his death humbles the lifestyles of some of these wrestlers, or at the very least forces Vince McMahon to reconsider the direction of his company...

15. Kup macrumors member

R.I.P Eddie

I watched Eddie when he used to be Rey Mysterio Jr.'s size and weight class. Rey and him put on some of the sickest matches I have ever seen. He will sorely be missed.
    Viva La Raza!!!

16. WeeShoo macrumors regular

For those of you who didnt watch WWE Raw on USA tonight, the entire show was dedicated to Eddie. It was truly a very memorable performance, it was very emotional.

17. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Wow, it's scary how fast you could die. It must have been heart failure, what else could cause something like that?

That's too bad, I never watch wrestling (actually I can't stand the "sport") but even I had heard the name, he was many fans favorite.

18. OnceUGoMac macrumors 6502a

OnceUGoMac

They said they're doing a Smacdown tribute as well. It was a heart wrenching show tonight.

19. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

Just saw RAW here. Was defintely sad. I like the little tribute at the end with the shirt and championship belt. Watching the online videos are heart-touching as well.

20. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

Looks like it was heart failure after all:

Link

21. Uma888 macrumors 6502

i havent watched wresteling for years!

i remember him on WCW when he formed latino world order LOL

Rest in peace

22. Xeem macrumors 6502a

Xeem

I used to be a pretty big fan, but I don't watch wrestling much anymore. Even though I don't really watch wrestling, I play the Smackdown! games and I still follow who everyone is and who holds the titles. A good friend of mine convinced me to go to the Smackdown/RAW double taping last Sunday (the day Eddie Guerrero died). I was very impressed with the way the WWE handled his death; all of the performers showed nothing but class that night. They put on some very good matches, but they weren't afraid to show the tears in their eyes before or after the matches. It was an odd atmosphere: the wrestlers, and many crowd members, cried while the general crowd chanted Eddie's name and cheered in celebration of his life and work. It was very unique seeing nothing but honesty in every wrestler in a WWE event (they weren't playing their characters on Sunday, except within the actual matches), and I am glad I went.

23. tiny_101 macrumors member

Gosh, I still can't believe it 'til this day...! When I first started to watch wrestling, he was one of the first wrestlers to catch my attention; been watching him eversince. He'll always be missed...

Rest in Peace,
    Eddie Guerrero.