EDGE ram?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by johnny41, May 25, 2005.

1. johnny41 macrumors newbie

Looked through a few retailers I plan to buy a PB (after WWDC :D) from and intend to max the ram capacity. Some of them offer EDGE ram, so I'm wondering if anybody has good/bad experience, positive, negative or anything on this product?

EDGE

To be honest I prefer OWC, Data Memory or Crucial based on many comments, but they seem don't offer the installation service if buy ram from there and have PB ship to their service to install it. So anybody know if any of these companies do offer the installation service?

Johnny

2. Bozola macrumors regular

Always lots of posts regarding RAM & vendors.. but yours has a twist. you want it installed. FWIW.. you can look here..
    http://www.apple.com/support/powerbook/doityourself/15al/
    and realize that installation of RAM is straightforward.

3. JasonL macrumors regular

Installing RAM in a PB is beyond easy. There is absolutely no reason for anyone to pay to have it installed. There is a cover on the back of the PB that directly accesses both slots. It takes less than 30 seconds to do.

4. Brigrat macrumors member

I am the type of guy that pays people to do as much as possible. I have never even changed my own oil, and I had no problem adding ram to my PB.