Edirol UA-1A USB Analog Audio Help

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by merge, Jan 13, 2003.

1. merge macrumors member

Dec 17, 2002
    Ok I need some help.

I am using a 800 Mhz iBook, and I just bought an Edirol UA-1A USB Analog Audio Capture Interface. The only problem is that I am not able to adjust the input level. The level is set too low and everything I try to record is way too quiet...

I am able to adjust the level for the built in audio in, but when I switch to the edirol, the option goes away.

I am recording into deck 3.5 right now... it was a gift... seems fine for what I need at the moment... any ideas???
  2. patrick0brien macrumors 68040

Oct 24, 2002
    The West Loop
    Recording Via USB in Deck

Good question.

Actually, this is common. It occurs with my Tascam US-224, but is not really a problem - actually, I find it beneficial.

Here's what you do. Record knowing your levels in-interface (and therefore Deck) are going to be low. Then after you're done add to the affected tracks the "Gain" effect.

Adjust the gain accordingly. If the analog audio to the USB (A/D converters) input is correctly amped - meaning as close to redline as you can get without going over - using the gain will bring your tracks to the volume you wish without any hiss.

I find this is actually beneficial as mastering is easier as a result.

I hope this helps!