editing a video for online viewing

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by ambervideo, Jun 21, 2006.

1. ambervideo macrumors newbie

I'm having timing issues....
    I got some footage that was recorded at 15fps. I assume this is because the file size is smaller so it will make for faster loading time when viewing online. I am using FinalCut Pro and because I am new to this I am not too sure what I should be putting my setting at for this type of a project? I tried setting up my sequence presets in my Audio/video settings to 15fps but this doesn't seem to work because when I speed up a clip to say %500 and then render it, the clip is getting cut off. Am I missing something? Can anyone help me with what kind of set up is best for this project?

Amber

2. Danksi macrumors 68000

Danksi

What do you mean by Cut-off?

If you speed up a clip by 500%, then the clip will be around fives time shorter, is that what you mean?

3. ambervideo thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, the clip will be shorter in length when it is sped up to %500 but What is happening is the clip is getting cut off. It's like the out-marker was moved so the clip is ending before it was marked to end. This only happens when I try to use the time remap feature to speed up the shot, Otherwise, at %100 it plays normally.
    ???:confused: