editing certian parts of songs? SOFTWARE that does this

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by 1rottenapple, Oct 22, 2004.

1. 1rottenapple macrumors 65816

Hi,
    Yeah I would like to download some apps (hopefully free) than will let me cut, say for example the first 30 seconds, from a song, or cut the last 8 mins of a 10 min track. I check at versiontracker but no luck.

2. Espnetboy3 macrumors 6502

garage band will do this just import and splice , as for freeware im not sure try a program called soundhack just do a search .

3. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

You can select start and end points in iTunes. If you want to edit a section out of the middle then you're stuck but for what you've described then iTunes fits the bill.

Select song, press Command-I/Options and you can select start and stop times from there.

4. msbsound macrumors regular

Probably not an option...

Going by the computer in your sig I assume your are running OSX only, but if you have a machine that can boot OS9, there is a version of protools that is free that will do what you need plus a whole lot more. There is a slight learning curve, but you should be able to figure out the basics pretty quickly.

Check out Digidesign.com and go to the downloads section under support.

Past that, I am not real sure of freebies. GarageBand is probably your best bet, although personally I have never used it, and it does cost 50 bucks in iLife.

Hope that helps...

5. kgarner macrumors 68000

kgarner

Having not used this app I can't say for certain that it will do what you want, but i believe SoundStudio should have been included with your computer and you might be able to make edits like you speak of with it.

6. Jimong5 macrumors 6502

Not perfect, but free:

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/