Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

boomtopper

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 25, 2004
UK Huddersfield
Ok i just bought BBEdit and i was wondering if there was a feature similar to XCodes autocomplete code feature. By that i mean, as i am typing HTML a box comes up giving hints to what tag i am writing, like dreamweaver?

Cheers, if anyone can help?

mcarvin

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2003
Southern NJ
boomtopper said:
Ok i just bought BBEdit and i was wondering if there was a feature similar to XCodes autocomplete code feature. By that i mean, as i am typing HTML a box comes up giving hints to what tag i am writing, like dreamweaver?

Cheers, if anyone can help?

Not with bbedit or any of the plugins for it. You'll want skEdit or one of the freewares/sharewares I can't remember (Taco or Tag?), or TextMate for keystroke and tab-triggered code completion.

/Left the BBedit camp for TextMate 3 months ago

pubwvj

macrumors 68000
Oct 1, 2004
Mountains of Vermont
I got BBEdit for HTML too and still use it sometimes but now I do most of my coding in HyperEdit which is a lot cheaper and more focused on the HTML. HyperEdit doesn't do autocomplete but it offers live preview while still letting me do all my own coding unlike the WYSIWYG type design programs so I get tighter code.

boomtopper

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 25, 2004
UK Huddersfield
I figured out a trick that makes it sort of act like code completition. I have been using command + m.
But i wonder why BB don't start adding code completion in. I also wish they would add the abillity to start a javascript file or css file straight from the file>new>whatever?. What does anyone elese think, and what features of bbedit do you use the most.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.