Editing/Re-formatting XML files?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bellis1, Mar 28, 2005.

1. bellis1 macrumors 6502

Does anyone have any software suggestions or advice on software to edit XML files. I would like to delete some tags and records for those tags from a previously formatted XML file. Ideally, I would also like to rearrange the tags, or rearrange information in those tags. In short, I need to reformat an exported XML file (formatted by one program) so it can be imported correctly as an XML file in a different format (for a different program).

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

XSLT is what you need. A Google search should help you find what you're looking for. I've never used XSLT, but I know that it was designed for the very task you want to do.

3. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

Take a look into using XSLT for translation of your documents.

Don't know of any XML IDEs for the Mac, but I do know that XML Spy was pretty decent for windows - they also offer a plug in variant for Eclipse.

4. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

If you have installed the Developer pack that comes with OS X, there's an XML editor there called Property List Editor, that should do most of the things you want...

Edit: Not sure about the rearrangeing bit... not played a lot with the app...

5. bellis1 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks

Thanks, both of are help. Now it is just going to take me a bit to figure them out.