Editing Software

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by steamboat26, Jul 19, 2006.

1. steamboat26 macrumors 65816

steamboat26

I am looking for a free picture editor (or one that is really cheap). I don't need any really fancy features, but i would like more editing capability than iPhoto or preview. I am looking to be able to do some cheap, photoshop-like stuff. Specifically, i would need a program that can brush over or get rid of the date and time stamp on the bottom of some of my pictures, as the iphoto retouch option just doesn't cut it. Anyone have any suggestions?

2. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

GimpShop is one of the best free alternatives. It is GIMP with a better mac GUI.

3. mduser63 macrumors 68040

mduser63

4. steamboat26 thread starter macrumors 65816

steamboat26

I downloaded GIMP, and before that i downloaded X11 off the apple website, but it said that i had a more updated version on my computer. So when i tried to run Gimp, it said that i needed X11, which i thought i already had on my computer. Should i just insert the restore CD and tell it to just install X11 (is that possible?) or do i have to do something with X11?

5. kev4e15@msn.com macrumors newbie

kev4e15@msn.com

Paint.net is also really good. Paint.net is not the actual url but do a google search for something like "paint.net download free" and hopefully it should come up. I'll look for the actual link but i'm not sure i'll find it.

6. cookie1105 macrumors 6502

I think I remember having the same problem with X11. I had to install it off of the cd.

Great app gimpshop. I think it's faster than PSCS on my little machine. I just downloaded the UFRAW plugin for gimpshop and now I can edit RAW in it.:)

7. steamboat26 thread starter macrumors 65816

steamboat26

what tool would i use to get rid of the date and time stamp?