Editing song length in iTunes

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by eternlgladiator, Apr 23, 2012.

1. macrumors 68000

eternlgladiator

Mods, feel free to move this mac apps if it doesn't belong here. Wasn't sure.

So I've made a playlist to go along with interval training for my iPod and carefully chose a bunch of songs to be shortened and match my regime. I put them in a playlist, edited their start/stop time how I liked and left it. Now I'm listening to music in my library and a couple songs came up with those times intact. I want the times to apply in the case of the playlist but not anywhere else. Do I need to make a copy of the song and rename it to accomplish this or can it be done more easily?

Thanks

2. macrumors member

hi eternal, if i understand you correctly (it's not a very clear post) yes you need to copy them. you could also burn a cd from the workout playlist you made, and re-import. the cd will burn with the start/stop times you've altered.

3. thread starter macrumors 68000

eternlgladiator

Thanks. I just duplicated and renamed them. The cd is a good idea though. Thank you!

4. macrumors 65816

inscrewtable

mp3 trimmer Is a neat simple free app that will snip bits off an mp3 file without degrading the quality. It will also join tracks.

5. macrumors 6502

Or you can load the tunes in garageband and make a single file out of your playlist. It'll be no different from a DJ mix with fade in, fade out or what not.