Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
rpmpics said:
has anyone installed/run premiere pro on the windows side of the g5w/intell?

Your question doesn't make sense.

I assume by "Windows side" you're talking about Dual-booting Windows but this is not possible on a G5-based machine.

The G5 is a processor, not a machine. The iMac G5 and PowerMac G5 were so-called because they were based on the G5 processor. They are now Intel based, the iMac G5 is simply "iMac" and the PowerMac G5 is now the "Mac Pro."

I presume you mean the Mac Pro, Boot Camp doesn't fully support the Mac Pro as yet although you can apparently use generic drivers for most of the hardware.

There is no "G5 with Intel." There are Intel Macs and there are G5 Macs but not a G5 Mac that also has an Intel chip.

Texas04

macrumors 6502a
Jul 2, 2005
Texas
He is very correct... If they get boot camp to run perfectly on the MacPro (should be sometime very soon hopefully) there should be very little to no hiccups. But if you are investing that much into a system, invest into Final Cut Pro as well

evil_santa

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2003
London, England
I have to use premier pro at work, & its is fine for very basic stuff, but its very good at locking up & crashing. last week I had to create a DVD of about 1hr30min of various video clips, it took me about 2 days before we produced a DVD, then the duplicator couldn't read it, so i spent another day making 20 copies. On my G5 it would have taken 3 hours to do the edit + the duplication time.

virus1

macrumors 65816
Jun 24, 2004
LOST
rpmpics said:
has anyone installed/run premiere pro on the nu g5?
i have a question for you. do you think you make yourself look less like a n00b by using words like nu?

if by nu, you mean new, then there would be no answers to your question because there are no new g5's.

FF_productions

macrumors 68030
Apr 16, 2005
Mt. Prospect, Illinois
virus1 said:
i have a question for you. do you think you make yourself look less like a n00b by using words like nu?

if by nu, you mean new, then there would be no answers to your question because there are no new g5's.

Thank you.

Seriously, what kind of answer does he expect?

virus1

macrumors 65816
Jun 24, 2004
LOST
notice his only other post was the same question in another random thread. i think this guy is just trying to piss us off.

hvfsl

macrumors 68000
Jul 9, 2001
London, UK
virus1 said:
notice his only other post was the same question in another random thread. i think this guy is just trying to piss us off.

It could just be a bot. It might have been designed to ask ramdom questions that are related to the site, then after a week or two, it spams the site with adverts.

FF_productions

macrumors 68030
Apr 16, 2005
Mt. Prospect, Illinois
Fanboysarelame on AIM keeps im'ing me random stuff such as:

""What a newbie question. Why would you get a Mac Pro to run Premiere Pro? Get Final Cut Studio." Ya know, you shouldnt be such an *******. It's not the tool *******, its the skill, which you obviously dont have. It's *******s like you that make the mac users look bad."

FF_productions

macrumors 68030
Apr 16, 2005
Mt. Prospect, Illinois
I keep get IM's that I'm an ****** Teen that doesn't know anything.

Dude, whoever you are, whatever you are, stop making a big deal about it.

I'll go celebrate my Birthday while you annoy anybody that owns a Mac.

faustfire

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2002
California
FF_productions said:
I keep get IM's that I'm an ****** Teen that doesn't know anything.

Dude, whoever you are, whatever you are, stop making a big deal about it.

I'll go celebrate my Birthday while you annoy anybody that owns a Mac.

You are kind of a dumb ass.

faustfire

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2002
California
FF_productions said:
What a newbie question.

Why would you get a Mac Pro to run Premiere Pro? Get Final Cut Studio.

Because this kind of response is not helpful. Maybe he needs to run Premiere Pro for his work projects. Or maybe he is making the transition to Final Cut but still needs to run PremPro until he gets FCP down well enough to use with a paying client. Or maybe he just likes PremPro better than FCP, but still prefers the Mac environment to PCs for everything else.

But with you being such a "newbie" to the real world, none of these reasons probably even crossed your mind. :rolleyes:

FF_productions

macrumors 68030
Apr 16, 2005
Mt. Prospect, Illinois
faustfire said:
Because this kind of response is not helpful. Maybe he needs to run Premiere Pro for his work projects. Or maybe he is making the transition to Final Cut but still needs to run PremPro until he gets FCP down well enough to use with a paying client. Or maybe he just likes PremPro better than FCP, but still prefers the Mac environment to PCs for everything else.

But with you being such a "newbie" to the real world, none of these reasons probably even crossed your mind. :rolleyes:

But the way the question was asked. Look at how he asked his question. At least give a decent question, everyone else on this forum can back me up on that.

Just don't make a big deal about it, it's just the way he worded his question that just frustrated me.

virus1

macrumors 65816
Jun 24, 2004
LOST
faustfire said:
Because this kind of response is not helpful.
"because" indicates an explanation or an answer in the sentence. you have provided neither questions of topic, refrenced in the quote.
Maybe he is making the transition to Final Cut but still needs to run PremPro until he gets FCP down well enough to use with a paying client.
then why not use his current computer till he can make the transition?
Or maybe he just likes PremPro better than FCP, but still prefers the Mac environment to PCs for everything else.
so why would he plan on running windows on it? osx is crucial to the mac environment while windows destroys it.
bitter..

but another comment: i guess we will have to get used to stupid questions like this, because now that apple's hardware is in the competition, people are going to come to the mac platform with the intent to sidestep osx, resulting in a bunch of n00bs infiltrating our peace and destroying the way we view the mac platform. :(

faustfire

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2002
California
virus1 said:
people are going to come to the mac platform with the intent to sidestep osx, resulting in a bunch of n00bs infiltrating our peace and destroying the way we view the mac platform. :(

Man, you need to get a girlfriend or something. It is only a computer, not a lifestyle choice. If you sit in photoshop or after effects all day it really doesn't matter what os you are running. Oh yea, dumb-ass is not one word, its hyphenated. Its funny, whenever someone really has nothing to say, they always seem to resort to criticizing grammer and spelling. Ha.

virus1 said:
so why would he plan on running windows on it? osx is crucial to the mac environment while windows destroys it.:(

Premiere Pro only runs on windows, and please don't be so dramatic...

virus1

macrumors 65816
Jun 24, 2004
LOST
faustfire said:
Man, you need to get a girlfriend or something. It is only a computer, not a lifestyle choice.
I am not sure if you have noticed this yet, but this site is dedicated to the mac. (Thats why it says MacRumors at the top) And I was just commenting on people like you persistently bugging us for stupid reasons.
If you sit in photoshop or after effects all day it really doesn't matter what os you are running.
Good point. If you only use those two apps and you like to have them run slower, knock yourself out. Its funny however that you resorted to those apps to make your case, when we were talking about Premier Pro and how adobe dropped support for the mac because FCP stole the market.
Oh yea, dumb-ass is not one word, its hyphenated. Its funny, whenever someone really has nothing to say, they always seem to resort to criticizing grammer and spelling. Ha.
Dumbass can be either. Check the internet. I didn't resort to criticizing the gramatics of your insult. I shut down every argument you made, while you resorted to "you need to get a girlfriend or something.", because you were fresh out of arguments.
Premiere Pro only runs on windows, and please don't be so dramatic...
I know Premiere Pro only runs on Windows. So let me ask you (again), why would you buy a mac to run Windows? And as for being dramatic, I was not the one who brought this thread up from page two to insult some teenagers that are smarter than you. Have a nice day :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.