editting entourage signatures with html editor

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Rab Simpson, Feb 13, 2006.

1. Rab Simpson macrumors regular

Rab Simpson

Hi folks,

I'm a new mac user and I've just moved all of my Outlook 2003 mail over onto Entourage 2004 (google for little machines if you want the utility I used to do this).

The problem I'm having is recreating the stationery and signature I was using with Outlook in Entourage. It was purely some HTML and CSS with no images and I'd love to keep using it.

Can anyone point me at the right files to edit in order to accomplish this? :)

Cheers,
    Robert

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

HTML is plain text. There are any number of ways to copy a small text file from your PC to your Mac. You can even email it. Then just paste it into your Entourage 2004 signature edit panel.

3. Rab Simpson thread starter macrumors regular

Rab Simpson

Thanks for your reply MisterMe.

I've tried copying the signature directly from an old email into the signature edit panel but the problem is there's a table formatting some of the text and it doesn't seem to like it. I also tried hunting for the file which holds the signatures and after finding and editting it directly it doesn't seem to work much.

I've attached a couple of images of what I had before and what it's giving me now if it helps give a better idea of what I'm trying to achieve.

Kindest regards,
    Robert

Attached Files:

4. Rab Simpson thread starter macrumors regular

Rab Simpson

Hi folks,

Does anyone else have any ideas? I've tried taking the plain HTML and pasting it into the edit box and editting the signatures file still to no avail.

Here's the code I want to use:
    Code:
    <div style="font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 10pt; color: #353a90;">
    <div style="font-size: 7pt; color: #CCCCCC; margin-bottom: 4px;">--------------------</div>
    Robert Simpson <span style="font-size: 8pt"> <span style="color: #FF00FF;">|</span> Store Manager</span><br />
    <div style="font-size: 8pt; margin-top: 5px;">printing.com @ 662C <span style="color: #FF00FF;"><span style="color: #FF00FF;">|</span></span> 86 Cadzow Street <span style="color: #FF00FF;">|</span> Hamilton <span style="color: #FF00FF;">|</span> ML3 6DS<br />
    t 0870 950 1532 <span style="color: #FF00FF;">|</span> f 0709 286 3313 <span style="color: #FF00FF;">|</span> e hamilton@printing.com <span style="color: #FF00FF;">|</span> www.printing.com</div>
    <div style="font-size: 7pt; margin-top: 7px; color: #999999;">Confidential information is contained in this message. You may not copy or deliver the message or any information in it to anyone else without our prior written consent. Please advise immediately if consent is required. Failure to observe this may be actionable. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination of this email is strictly prohibited and it must be returned to the sender with all copies deleted and destroyed.</div></div>
    If anybody can help it'd be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
    Ronbert

5. nadyne, Feb 21, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2011

nadyne macrumors 6502a

Have you tried posting to the Microsoft public newsgroup news://microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage ? There's lots of people there who might be able to help.

/nm