Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LimeiBook86

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 4, 2002
Go Vegan
OK I really love this show called *********!, I bidded on an acution on ebay to win all the episodes, i lost so now i am out to seek the episodes online. I found them, but the problem is that it only has an eDonkey Links. I have no idea what eDonkey is, I herd of it and i know its a P2P server (is it) I downloaded come java edonkey thing,, and then a donkey.exe but when I go to connect to the "server" it says it cant connect. I am totaly confused, please help me! I dont know anything about programing.... :(

cb911

macrumors 601
Mar 12, 2002
BrisVegas, Australia
hey, i like *******! as well!!:D what site, or where are you getting the episodes from. post a link or something and i'll have a look and see if i can help you out.

cb911

macrumors 601
Mar 12, 2002
BrisVegas, Australia
thanks arn!:D i've got MLDonkey, but i can't get it opened. do you have to open it through terminal or something?

any others out there who use MLDonkey?

mac15

macrumors 68040
Dec 29, 2001
I DL it and I'm gonna try it out but man its KDX all the way, even thought its not p2p, its more Hotline, it rocks and its free

LimeiBook86

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 4, 2002
Go Vegan
hhhhmmmmm...

Freakazoid! Why did they replace the word Freakazoid with these --->"*"

That was mean! :(

kiwi_the_iwik

macrumors 65816
Oct 30, 2001
London, UK
I Think I'm Paranoid

(with apologies to Shirley Manson & Garbage...)

I got a little paranoid with eDonkey - for one thing, stuffing around with the Terminal doesn't sit well with a pleb like me who doesn't quite understand Unix (I pulled the reins back pretty hard after BASIC, Cobol, Fortran and Pascal. I think my head might explode if I attempt another language!).

Also, more paranoia - with all the latest Security Updates from Apple, it seems they're still trying to plug the gaps for people trying to access your computer as "Root". It seems to me that eDonkey (along with some other P2P clients) would be an ideal platform for hackers attempting to do just that - and therefore create havoc with your system.

Example: A colleague of mine installed Limewire on his iBook running OSX, and funnily enough, still uses it with a broadband connection. However, when he came to me with a problem when his hard drive kept erasing files, I found that a few extra users had been created in his login screen.

And since no-one else - apparently - has access to his system, it seems a bit suspicious, don't you think? (cue: "Twilight Zone" music)

I dunno... :rolleyes:

LimeiBook86

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 4, 2002
Go Vegan
thats it...

Ok who ever invented this stupid concept of P2P clients for PC users should die! All for MAC, All for MAC! Then everyone would want a mac!!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :mad: :eek: :confused: :rolleyes:

AmbitiousLemon

Moderator emeritus
Nov 28, 2001
down in Fraggle Rock
1. download
a) mldonkey http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/mldonkey/
b) cocodonkey http://sourceforge.net/projects/cocodonkey/
c) donkey-o-mat http://www.soft-o-mat.com/productions.shtml

2) unstuff each one if they dont do so by themselves, if the donkeyomat looks like a word file unstuff it manually...
3) place mldonkey file in the applications folder
4) try dragging the mldonkey file into the donkey o mat once youve unstuffed this last one (omat) this should open the terminal and crap but dont mind that....
5) open cocodonkey, preferences, locate your mldonkey
6) try connecting to the daemon
7) quit cocodonkey, quit terminal, now everytime u open cocodonkey it should do everything by itself... SHOULD...

thats pretty much how i got it to work and its working 24/7 now guys, try reading the read me files.... the files in the temp folder inside the mldonkey folder get moved to the incoming folder by just pressing the green arrow inside the white boc in cocodonkey... no need to rename files... converts movies too! the search window stops working after like 3 or 4 searches... solution: quit and restart the app, it autoresumes flawlessly... NOW YOU KNOW! happy downloading! VIVA DONKEY!

LimeiBook86

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 4, 2002
Go Vegan
!

5) open cocodonkey, preferences, locate your mldonkey

THE STEP ABOVE IS THE ONE I HAVE TROUBLE WITH, where should the mldonkey be? is this the file in the applications folder? I always get this message in cocadonkey: (image below)

donkey.gif

I guess step 5 is where I get stuck, oh and witch mldonkey file do you put in the donkey o mat and where is it located and what zipped file does it come from

Hemingray

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2002
Ha ha haaa!
Re: hhhhmmmmm...

Originally posted by LimeiBook86
Freakazoid! Why did they replace the word Freakazoid with these --->"*"

That was mean! :(

I gotta ask you, arn, why on earth was the above-mentioned show name censored in the first two posts? I'm totally confused...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.