EDU discount at brick-and-mortar stores?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by failsafe1, Nov 12, 2006.

1. failsafe1 macrumors 6502a

failsafe1

Does anyone know if you can use the educational discount in the Apple stores? Could I show up with university staff ID and get the same price as the online educational store? There are Apple stores close to me and it would be quicker to go get what I want than to wait for it to ship. I have searched but can't find the answer. Thanks.

2. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

Yes you can get the discount off of hardware, but not off software.

3. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

EDU prices on hardware are available in-store. EDU-priced Apple software cannot be purchased in-store.

4. failsafe1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

failsafe1

Thanks much. I would enjoy a short trip to get a new Mac Book Pro instead of potentially waiting days for it to ship.

5. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

They may request that you log into your school's system in order to determine that you actually teach/attend such a place. But it depends on who you deal with.

6. Micrll macrumors member

For software check out you schools store (if its a college). I know I can get office 2004 (full edition) for only 69 dollars here at my school.

7. failsafe1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

failsafe1

Thanks I get a lot of my software from the campus store. But the selection of Mac laptops don't match the Apple Stores in the area.