EDU Discount Question

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by EJBasile, Feb 27, 2005.

1. EJBasile macrumors 65816

Apr 20, 2004
    I'm buying my PBook through a friend who is a teacher.

I noticed that when you are at and sign in as a k-12 EDU teacher, it says...

but when you go to the help section of the EDU store it says...

1 thing says you can only buy 1 apple comp per year while the other says you can buy a laptop and a desktop. Also, why would it allow you to buy more than one printer even if there is no discount???
  2. wnameth macrumors 65816

Nov 18, 2004
    I pretty sure it is one laptop and one desktop per year. I am not sure about the printer, especially if there is no discount.
  3. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

Feb 4, 2003
    New HAMpshire
    I agree it is one laptop one desktop per year. If you are not the educator then you should not really be using the discount. It is designed to give educators (like my wife and myself) a discount because we make so little income from our job (course they also want teachers to use Mac's so hopefully the schools will buy them, etc.) but anyway- you really should not take advantage of this program if you don't qualify. Just my opinion but abuse of things like this can often lead to companies dropping them due to abuse. That is why so many companies are either offering a lower employee discount program or geting rid of them all together- abuse of the system.
  4. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Dec 25, 2003
    Northern Virginia
    This issue may become moot if the reseller lawsuit advances against Apple. I can say from experience in other reseller industries, Apple is the most lax on enforcing the rules for EDU purchases.