Edu discount vs ADC student membership discount

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by dirack, May 10, 2005.

1. dirack macrumors newbie

Apr 28, 2005
    I was just wondering if anyone inform me about the ADC student membership discount.
    I'm about jumping into 12" powerbook with superdrive.
    With EDU discount and $100 promo rebate, it seems to cost $1399 from apple store.
    By the way, I don't quite know how much discount I can make with ADC membership and can $100 promo rebate be stackable or not?
    Which can make the deal better?
  2. Dr. Dastardly macrumors 65816

Dr. Dastardly

Jun 26, 2004
    I live in a giant bucket!
    Heres the link for the ADC store just click the "Hardware Purchase Store" link on the page. Looks like a 12" PB with SD is $1,359. Not that much difference.

IMO the ADC discount (seeing as you can only use it once) really only useful if your buy multiple systems or at the very least the top of the line Power Mac.
  3. tsk macrumors 6502a

Jan 14, 2004
    The ADC is basically a $200 discount on most items but you have to pay $100 for the membership meaning a $100 savings.

However, Apple currently has a promo for a $100 rebate for students:

If you just get the rebate, you're getting the same price as the ADC discount with probably less hassle. Just remember to send in the rebate.
  4. sw1tcher macrumors 65816

Jan 6, 2004
    Anyone know if the rebate would apply to refurb units? Looking to pick up a 15" PB with Combo drive. Have one in my cart for $1699 right now. $1599 after MIR would be awesome.

Nevermind. Found my answer. Rebate form says "This offer is not valid with the purchase of Apple education promotional bundles, used equipment, or refurbished equipment. :mad: