edu discount?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mrweirdo, Jun 13, 2006.

1. mrweirdo macrumors 6502

just thought of this if I use my parents credit card to order a macbook am I still eligable for the edu discount? also what about if I pick up a macbook from our local compusa or an apple store?

2. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

That shouldn't be a problem. I bought my PB online and an iMac in-store (both with student discount) with my parent's credit card.

3. iCaffeine macrumors member

I purchased my MacBook Pro with my wife's credit card with her student discount : )

4. mrweirdo thread starter macrumors 6502

Cool, just to clarify was in store the apple store? I assume all I’ll need is my college id which I have on me at all times anyways in wallet :)

5. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

Well it was an Apple reseller but I assume it's the same. And yep all you need is your ID.

6. mrweirdo thread starter macrumors 6502

not that I would realy be caught buying anything at compusa normaly. Its just a lot closer then the offical apple store in our area. They like to hassle their customers as much as posible on things like rebates, discounts, etc so I'm a bit worried t hat they dont offer the edu discount there. I know many people that the manager has thrown out of our store when they were trying to get a rebate issue taken care of in the past.

7. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

Maybe give them a call first to see what their policy regarding this is.

8. laidbackliam macrumors 6502

a reseller in town wouldn't do an edu discount. said they can't do that

9. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

I don't think anyone but apple can offer edu discounts. So don't even bother heading over to compusa.