Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

amfr

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 24, 2006
Is it possible to get educational discounts while buying at an Apple store?

iñaki'sonMac'87

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2006
Barcelona
I did buy my MBP C2D on the apple store, with no problem at all, you have to give some data about your school, and of course a credit card, and that's all!

the shipment was also with no problem, yust the expectation to wait for almost 2 weeks.... better waiting ever.
I have no complains

lieb39

macrumors 6502
Mar 17, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
In australia i went to one of the 'authorised retailers' (thats all we have here) - and was shunned of, they don't accept educational discount for hardware in store anymore. It's bull..

kretzy

macrumors 604
Sep 11, 2004
Canberra, Australia
In australia i went to one of the 'authorised retailers' (thats all we have here) - and was shunned of, they don't accept educational discount for hardware in store anymore. It's bull..

Wow. That's surprising, because I bought an iMac at edu price at a retailer back in March this year. Which reseller was it?

Xenesis

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2006
Australia

Same here. I was told that if I wanted Edu prices I had to buy of Apple Australia's online store. Pain in the arse, but then I was getting a BTO anyhow, and most stores don't really do that anyhow.

I was told that Apple had killed the practice within the past 6 months or so, because I know from experience that I had gotten education pricing in the past at an Apple Store.

FFTT

macrumors 68030
Apr 17, 2004
A Stoned Throw From Ground Zero
All Apple Stores will honor the education discount with proper I.D.

Resellers generally do not.

If you do not have an Apple Store near you, then just order online or by phone.

You may be required to fax in a copy of your I.D.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.