Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cvahl

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 9, 2007
Boston
Hi there,
I was wondering if there will probably be a educational discount on the iPods when the "back to school" promotion is over? I was saving some money for the last months and want to buy me the new Nano in the next weeks, should I wait till 9/17/07? A friend told me last year that as a student one can get a 50$ rebate on the iPods, is that probably going to happen again?

rockthecasbah

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
Moorestown, NJ
I wouldn't wait, you don't gain anything from it. Buy now with the Old Nano, sell it on eBay or Craigslist, and spend the profit you make off of that on the New Nano.

shoelessone

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2007
I'm wondering the same thing.

I've only checked the new Nano and the Touch, but neither currently has an education discount. Hopefully Apple has an edu discount before the Touch is released. That said, the iPhone never got a edu discount, that I know of.

feelthefire

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2006
I'm wondering the same thing.

I've only checked the new Nano and the Touch, but neither currently has an education discount. Hopefully Apple has an edu discount before the Touch is released. That said, the iPhone never got a edu discount, that I know of.

Apple formally did away with the education discount on iPods a year ago. There won't be one.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
Yep, no discounts on iPods. Buy NOW to eBay before the rest of the world realizes there is a new nano out. Seriously.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.