Education Discount at Authorized Reseller

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Shane2, Mar 3, 2007.

1. Shane2 macrumors newbie

Hello,

I'm ready to buy my Mac Book Pro, so today I went into an authorized Apple reseller. The store was Westworld Computers (I'm in western Canada, Edmonton specifically) however in store I was told that my education discount will only give me $100 off, but my education discount at apple.ca will give me $200 off.

I'm just wondering if this is inline with other authorized resellers.

Shane

2. EngBrian macrumors regular

You are doing better than me. I went to a reseller the other day and was told that their margins were too small to be able to give the education discount at all. I was told to get it at the University or online. Sounded like crap to me but I was only there to play with their toys anyway so...

3. OldSkoolNJ macrumors 6502

OldSkoolNJ

Resellers are in fact not authrorized to give the education discount and do in fact pay the same for the computers themselves as the educational prices. Some will often try to match the price for y ou or offer you something to keep you in the store but they are not even supposed to do that. SO its not "crap" it is actually policy.

Kevin

4. EngBrian macrumors regular

Fair enough. That makes sense. I just thought that Apple would reimburse the reseller if they sold a unit to a student.