Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EM87

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 8, 2006
Brisbane, Australia
Has anyone on here who lives in Australia bought a Mac off of Apples website and got the education discount? If so can you please tell me what you have to do to qualify for this discount and if there is any thing else you have to do when getting the discount that you have to do that you do not have to do when just buying them at full price?

Is this only available to uni students or can school aged people still get the discount?

Any help would be much appreciated.:)

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
Has anyone on here who lives in Australia bought a Mac off of Apples website and got the education discount? If so can you please tell me what you have to do to qualify for this discount and if there is any thing else you have to do when getting the discount that you have to do that you do not have to do when just buying them at full price?

Is this only available to uni students or can school aged people still get the discount?

Any help would be much appreciated.:)

It's all spelt out on the entry page to the Edu store. You need to be currently enrolled in a qualifying tertiary institution or employed as a staff member in a tertiary or secondary institution.

Generally online there's not much you have to do but Apple can ask you at any time to provide proof of your student status and if you can't they can claim restitution.

EM87

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 8, 2006
Brisbane, Australia
So me being in year 11 (12 next year) I do not qualify for a discount at all?

The site is not the best to navigate around and find all the fine print.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Here ya go mate. This page pops up just before you log on to the Education Store. :)

Apple said:
Who is Eligible To Purchase
The following education individuals are eligible to purchase through the Apple Store for Education individuals:

Faculty or staff member of a public or private Higher Education Institution in Australia
Student currently attending or accepted into a public or private Higher Education Institution in Australia
Parent purchasing on behalf of their child who is a student currently attending or accepted into public or private Higher Education Institution in Australia
Purchase Quantity
Faculty, Staff and Students purchasing from the Apple Store for Education Individuals will be allowed to purchase the following quantities of product per academic school year:

Desktop: One (1) may be purchased per academic year
Mac mini: One (1) may be purchased per academic year
Notebook: One (1) may be purchased per academic year
Display: A maximum of two (2) may be purchased per academic year
Software: A maximum of two (2) per software title may be purchased per academic year
iSight: One (1) may be purchased per academic year
iPod: there is no limit on the quantity of iPod purchases per academic year
**The above purchases can be made either online or through your Authorised Campus Reseller. Total product quantities remain the same regardless of where your purchase is made.

Statement of Eligibility
I represent that I am a member of one of the defined groups above eligible to purchase and that the products being purchased direct from Apple Computer, Inc. are for the personal, education, and/or research use of a student, faculty, or staff member.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
So me being in year 11 (12 next year) I do not qualify for a discount at all?

The site is not the best to navigate around and find all the fine print.

Nope, you need to be at Uni to get the discount.

EM87

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 8, 2006
Brisbane, Australia
Thanks for that mad jew, mine went straight to a different page, this maybe because I was logged in.

Anyway looks like I'll be waiting until December 1 to buy one now. By the way what do you think this sale will be like?

Xenesis

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2006
Australia
I figure they're going to have a 10% of iPods or something like that.

If they give us cheaper mac prices, I'm gonna wait and see if I get a better deal for my iMac.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.