Education discount orders from Apple

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by tek, Jan 9, 2004.

1. tek macrumors regular

I will soon be ordering a 12" Powerbook through Apple's UK store for education.

I'm just wondering how the whole process works.

In this household there is both a student (15) and a teacher.

I know when ordering software through the M$ education programme, you had to buy some forms in a box and send them off, and 1-2 months later you got your software in a brown envelope through the door (no manuals)

Can the student order through the store, or would the teacher have to?

How do they verify you are who you say you are?

How long does this take? I know for some vendors who sell at edu prices, they can take *months* to send the stuff out to you.

I want my paws on this pb ASAP :D

Thanks if you guys can help me!

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

3. hesitaliandad macrumors member

from my experience in the US all they do is call your school to see in fact if you do go there. could be very different for the UK though. i didn't order my powerbook from there, but i did get some software. and it came as soon as i would have expected. no delays as far as i could tell. you don't really have to do anything. they do all the verification. as long as your school is listed, you shouldn't have a problem ordering. hope that helps.

4. AkiraK macrumors member

As the Director of Technology for a small private school in the US, I have ordered machines both for myself and for the school through Apple's Education Store. My experience has always been very quick and painless, faxing either a PO for school orders or a Faculty/Student ID for personal orders. There has generally been no delay in the processing once an order has been placed. While the UK may be different, I can't imagine that it would be *that* different. Your best bet would be to call the Education Store and ask what you need to do before placing the order.

5. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

I just ordered my wife an iBook (she's a teacher) through the Apple Store for Edu. No problems whatsoever. No delays at all. It was a BTO, shipped from Taiwan and got here within a week of placing the order. Very painless.