Education discount purchased air return question...

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Higgs1, Jun 21, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502

Higgs1

Bought a 13" Air the day they launched, received on Tuesday of this week. I have decided the 11" is where I want to be.

Will I have any problems returning the 13" + giftcard back to an apple store? I ordered my 11" Ultimate last night, waiting for it to ship :)

I looked at my invoice and they charged me the $100 for the gc + then took $100 off the MBA. I'm assuming I'll have no issues returning both to get all of my money back.

Anyone have any thoughts or experience with this?

Thanks

2. macrumors regular

I can't imagine your going to have any issues returning the 13". Heck, someone here on the forum was even able to keep the gift card!

Question though. Where you able to get your EDU discount again when you purchased the 11"? I thought you could only use it once a year on one computer purchase?

3. thread starter macrumors 6502

Higgs1

Still processing but my second gift card shipped already lol so looks like that's a yes

4. macrumors newbie

That happened to me yesterday (gift card shipped before laptop), then they cancelled my laptop order yesterday at 2:17PM so I basically bought a $100 gift card. Spent 30 min on the phone with Apple after that.

First time buying a Mac and it's turning into a real patience tester.

5. thread starter macrumors 6502

Higgs1

Was that a 2nd purchase under education pricing?

6. macrumors newbie

yes

7. macrumors 6502a

That's what the rule says but they don't actually keep track. If you're really worried, you can show them another acceptance/offer letter from another school. Hahaha!

8. macrumors newbie

Person I spoke to said email and billing address, and he told me to have my friend order for me.

9. thread starter macrumors 6502

Higgs1

My issue is that I'm returning the original purchase, and they also screwed up on my 11" order, not calculating the discount correctly, so they had to push through a credit. Hopefully that screw up will allow my order to go through.

It would be pretty ridiculous to ship out the gift card and charge us for that only to cancel our main order, but if they've done it once lol