Education Discount Use.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by lu0s3r322, Nov 24, 2006.

1. lu0s3r322 macrumors 6502a

I'm planning to get a Macbook Pro very soon and I have a very close family friend that goes to college. Could I just order online using the discount and if they ask for ID, use my friend's? Because either way, I would just have my friend buy it and pay her back but it's more of a hassle. She is a very close family friend, almost like a relative of mine.

2. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

they don't ask for ID, so you could definitely order online without any problems but it is not the most honorable thing to do. you're only supposed to use the education discount if you are the educator (teacher, professor) or student and have a valid ID from a college/university.

3. mr_matalino macrumors 6502a

mr_matalino

Yes you could but it's not honest. The college discount is there for those that are in school (cause Apple understands that college kids don't have much money). Your conscience...

4. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

Well and the random audits that Apple does to check to make sure you're a student ...

Its just fraud really ...

5. lu0s3r322 thread starter macrumors 6502a

well im going to be in college in a few years so its kinda like im buying it early