Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

volntitan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 4, 2005
I am getting my daughter a video Ipod thru apple using my wife's education discount (school employee) for $269. I have been waiting hoping to find one of those coupon codes for $30 off. But I was wondering, can I use that coupon with the education discount also? If I can't, no use in waiting and hoping for a code.

Any help would be great!

volntitan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 4, 2005
Thanks. I kinda figured they wouldn't let me use the $30 off even if I had one.

CorvusCamenarum

macrumors 65816
Dec 16, 2004
Birmingham, AL
You might also want to look into purchasing from a reseller such as MacMall and compare prices. While they don't typically offer educational discounts, unlike the Apple Store they might not be required to asses sales tax, unless you happen to reside in the same state as they do. When I purchased my iMac, it was actually less expensive to go through a reseller (we have outrageous sales tax here), and according to what I've heard, I got it a fair bit faster than if it had been shipped through China, Timbuktu, and wherever else Apple sends hardware before it reaches your door.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.