Education Prices at Retail Store

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by stoid, May 1, 2003.

1. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

I am going to buy the new iPod when it comes out, and instead of waiting for it to ship can I go down to the Apple retail store and still get the education discount, or can you only get the rducation price by shopping online.

2. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

you sure can get it at the education price from a retail store, that's how i got my TiBook! :D

3. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

Sure can, you need to provide proof of student/lecturer status etc. even though Apple hardly ever check even for personal purchases.

4. phrancpharmD macrumors regular

cool!
    I've been wondering about this myself for a while; guess it was easier to just wait for it to pop up here than actually pick up the phone and call the Apple Store :)

5. stoid thread starter macrumors 601

stoid

Student ID

Sweet, I'm a high school student, and so if I take my student ID down to the Apple Store, I can pick up the new 10GB iPod this weekend for $269?? Awesome!!

6. phrancpharmD macrumors regular

Re: Student ID

Yup! I finally went and got my ID yesterday after being where I'm at for over a year for just that reason. And don't forget they won't have the new iPods until after 6pm tonight. . .

7. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Sorry, But the student discount applies only to College\University Students. However if a parent works for the school or school district, or is on the school board, or the board of directors of the PTA, then they can get it, otherwise your out of luck Bud.

TEG

8. baby duck monge macrumors 68000

baby duck monge

that's not true. when you look at the page for the apple store for education, one of the choices is k-12 (kindgergarden through 12th grade). when i was still in highschool i got educational discounts.

9. stoid thread starter macrumors 601

stoid

I know that I can get the educational discount, but can I as a high schooler get the discount at the apple retail store, or is it only online? What I'm asking you baby duck is whether or not you've gotten the high school discount at the retail store, or only online?

10. mnkeybsness macrumors 68030

mnkeybsness

the k-12 discount is supposed to be for teachers only, not students...don't abuse apple's generosity for allowing discounts

11. baby duck monge macrumors 68000

baby duck monge

i got my discout in the store, but it seems as if the rules have changed. when i did this (a few years ago) you could be a student and still get a discout. now you cannot. good thing i am not in highschool anymore...

12. nydoofus macrumors regular

ADC Discount?

Anyone know if the ADC Discount can be done in store as well?