Education Store: No Family Packs

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by swiftaw, Jan 11, 2006.

1. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

I was looking to pick up the iLife '06 Family Pack as I have multiple macs, but I don't see it in the Apple Education Store, only the single-user version. Is it not possible to buy the family pack with an educational discount?

2. zakatov macrumors 6502a

zakatov

Is your whole family in school? :p

But seriously, $99 for five licenses is cheap enough imo.

3. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

As far as I've seen, you are correct that it is not offered. But buying a regular priced $99 iLife '06 Family Pack is still a better deal than two $59 single copies of iLife '06 at the educational price. For 3 to 5 Macs, it's a much better deal.

For iWork '06, you want a Family Pack if you have 3 to 5 Macs, since the prices are $49 education, $79 regular, $99 Family Pack.

Oddly enough, even though iLife and iWork Family Packs are not listed in the Apple Education Store, the Tiger Family Pack *is* listed in the Apple Education Store, even though it has the same price as in the regular Apple Store. Tiger is $69 education, $129 regular, $199 Family Pack.

4. Johnny Rico macrumors 6502

Weird, when I went to buy tiger family pack from the edu store when it first came out it was not available at all, even for the same price. :rolleyes: