Educational Discount for K-12

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by zflauaus, Jul 17, 2005.

1. zflauaus macrumors 65816

I am close to my goal to get my iBook (updated or not) before school. I just need $360 to go. My question is, does the educational discount apply to K-12 students? If it does I would save some time and money and put that towards RAM and Office X for Mac. Thanks for the info.

zflauaus

2. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

Unfortunately no. One area where I think Apple is just being stupid...

3. finalcoolman macrumors 6502

Office X? You mean Office 2004. Don's spend your hard earned money on a old version unless it is HEAVILY discounted. I don't think it is even possible to legally purchase Microsoft software anymore this far after EOL anyways.

4. zflauaus thread starter macrumors 65816

Darn. I thought I was the only one that thought it was stupid. Students use Macs too. Except for my school, we use Windoze PCs. I bet most of the students at my school haven't even touched an Apple.

5. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Just enter a random college, and buy from the online store. They don't ever check for edu. IDs.

6. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

I completely missed that tidbit on first read. The newest edition of Office is available for K-12 students at any Mac retailer (Fry's, CompUSA, The Apple Store) for about 150 dollars...

7. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

They do random checks sometimes.

It helps to have an older brother in college buys them himself and give them to you as gifts. ;) (then you can refund him the same amount)

8. zflauaus thread starter macrumors 65816

Sorry. I don't really look at Mac Software that much. :( I thought that was the latest one. Oops. Sorry guys.