Educational Discount?? Grad Student

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by fitzu812, Aug 5, 2005.

1. fitzu812 macrumors newbie

In reading many of the threads I've noticed reference to the "educational discount". Many of the posts say they're practically giving them away. Can someone shed some light on how I can get this discount and how much the discount is?

2. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

http://store.apple.com/Catalog/US/Images/routingpage.html

enjoy

3. AstrosFan macrumors 6502

AstrosFan

When you go to the Apple Store page, you will see on the right a link to the "Education" store. If you click on that link, it takes you to this page:

http://store.apple.com/Catalog/US/Images/routingpage.html

You then select your qualification (in your case, "College or University student") and it will lead you to the education page.

The amount of discount depends on the item, increasing as the items become more expensive.
    For example, on a mighty mouse (retail $49), the edu price is $44.
    On computers, the educational discount may be $100 or more.

Good luck!

4. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

I think the best way for you to get answers specific to your situation would be to check apple.com's store... on the right hand side will be "more stores" and education will be the top most option. Click that link, then if you're teh grad student in your title, click the college/ university student link... etc.

The educational discount is not a fixed amount. It totally varies from product to product. It is easiest to receive the discount via apple online, but if you go into an actual retail store, all you would have to do is show your school ID (or letter of acceptance).

::Edit:: beaten by astros fan and liketom. :eek:

5. joshcannonball macrumors newbie

i bought a dual 2.5 G5 with the education discount, it saved me at least $300 if i remember correctly

6. GULCkid macrumors member